"1. You would never tell a little girl that she isn’t beautiful enough, you would never tell her that she isn’t worth the skin she was given, you would never tell her to take up less space. There is still a little girl inside you, she can hear you when you say these things to yourself.
2. Some boys will kiss you just so they can get rid of the dust in their mouth. Your lips were not made for this. Don’t breathe these people in. They will suffocate you.
3. Mirrors can cut you without even being broken, but only if you hold them the wrong way.
4. There will be darkness some days. But how else are you supposed to see yourself glow?
5. Airplanes take things away all the time, but they also bring things back. Don’t be sad when you see them soaring in the clouds.
6. Just because something is pretty, doesn’t mean it won’t hurt you. Flowers have thorns, don’t they?
7. Skin wasn’t made to define people, it was made to protect the universe inside.
8. Don’t forget the sky is full of light that is passed on from stars that have long since died. Their light has guided thousands. Just because they are dead doesn’t mean they aren’t important. People can be the same way.
9. Oceans can drown you, but you’ll never learn how to swim when you spend your whole life running from the tide.
10. Don’t wait for someone else to call you pretty for you to believe it.
11. We all bleed the same colors, we are all made of the same stars.
12. There may be nights when you want to sit home to drown in whiskey and Frank Ocean. It’s okay, but be ready for the hangover in the morning.
13. There is a difference between finding something beautiful because it is broken and finding something beautiful despite its brokenness. Never find calm in the way something crumbles.
14. Don’t fall in love with someone who has a voice like shattering glass. They will break your name when they whisper it and then leave because they are too tired to clean up the mess they made of you.
15. I will always love you, even if I am not there to say it."
— Y,Z What my mother never taught me that I plan to teach my someday daughter
just by the change
of tone in your
be with someone
who loves the
you hate the most
fall inlove with
looks at you and
knows they don’t
want anyone else
the worst feeling is when you’re close to someone but they have someone who they will always like more than they like you
aha, omg. the accuracy in this.
"But your best friend is still your best friend. Even from half a world away. Distance can’t sever that connection. Best friends are the kind of people who can survive anything. And when best friends see each other again, after being separated by half a world and more miles than you think you can bear, you pick up right where you left off. After all, that’s what best friends do."
“Sometimes, I feel like ripping apart my skin, and searching for a reason for why I feel this empty. Maybe my veins are tangled, or something is lodged in my ribcage. Because it feels like something inside of me is missing or broken.”
What if you wake up one morning and you’re in bed with the love of your life and they have their arm around you and their snoring like a fucking ass hole, but you can’t help but to smile and you hear a baby crying and it finally hits you, you’ve made it.
you beat the demons inside you, the voices, the darkness.
I look forward to that, to knowing I made it.
this deserve so many notes
"If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery—isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is."
— Charles Bukowski
"I understand as I did back then that none of us really wants to be known, to be exposed, to be found out. We want to keep part of ourselves—the sources of our deepest vulnerabilities—hidden, both to ourselves and to others. And yet sometimes, despite our best efforts, our hearts peek out, and we want to sneak off and sit with our heads in our hands and softly let the words ‘oh boy’ exhale out of our mouths."
— Philip Seymour Hoffman on the opening line of Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman, which appears not in the dialogue itself, but as a “perhaps” in the stage directions: “Oh boy.” This from Hoffman’s wonderful foreword to A View from the Bridge.
1. Date a boy who makes you happy, but marry him only if he makes you laugh deep-belly rumbles that hurt your ribs as they expand outwards. Date him when he sees that you’re hurting and he gives you a moment to feel that pain like a handprint spreading across your consciousness, marry him only if he can make you smile even while you’re gross sobbing. The world is not a kind place. You will feel a lot of pain. Make sure you are with someone who makes it all bearable. Humor is an excellent gauge of intelligence. Life gets boring. Find someone who makes the banal interesting.
2. Make sure he has scars on the back of his hands, it’s a good sign he has experience either fighting or making things - creation is an act of selflessness and bruised knuckles are a good sign he knows how to defend himself. You’ve got too much soul to be handled by someone who has never been passionate. If he’s never thrown a punch, let him at least have tasted the insanity of bringing an idea into existence. Rough palms are better than soft ones, they have been salted by this earth and made into leather. Callouses are evidence he has lived, that he has broken skin and been in pain over and over and over again and still came back to the source of it. People rub against each other. Don’t marry him if he can’t handle even a little blister.
3. Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting,see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk - you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much worse eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit.
4. Trust your instincts. If he ever makes you feel unsafe, don’t make excuses, just get up and leave. That’s all there is to it. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
5. If he puts money before you, he’ll keep pushing you to the bottom of the pile until you become his last priority. It’s one thing if he can’t afford what you want, it’s another if he has the cash but won’t spring for a box of chicken mcnuggets. Money and love are arch enemies. 62% of divorces occur due to economic strain. Make sure keeping you is more important than his 401k.
6. How a man treats animals is a good indicator of how he treats children. If you see him raise a hand to a dog, pack your things into a little black bag. Animals at their worst are only half as annoying as a toddler on their best behaviour. Your kids will be beautiful, but they will also misbehave. Same goes for waiters and hotel maids - if he’s rude to those who are working for minimum wage, it says a lot about how he sees himself. Patience is rare and so important. If he’s not forgiving to a dog, he’s not good for your kids.
7. If he isn’t in awe of you, he doesn’t deserve you. You are my little girl and you were born perfect. If he can’t see that, it’s his loss. There is someone who thinks your flaws power his heart. Be strong. If he asks you to change, be like like rock of your birthstone, do not waver. You are wondrous just the way that you are."